Australian company Pickles Auctions is celebrating success after securing the contract to sell NSW Government cars, trucks and machinery throughout regional NSW, including Dubbo.
The new $3 million Dubbo site was opened on January 29 this year and has already held three sales with general vehicles, damaged vehicles and general goods.
Dubbo branch manager Peter Ryan said more cars and trucks would be sold in town which gave people the opportunity to buy locally.
“It saves people travelling to Sydney and it saves them money,’’ he said.
“This shows the continuity of giving people the opportunity to buy in Dubbo, at lower rates, at a wholesale price.’’
A spokesperson for Pickles Auctions said the company achieved great results at the three Dubbo auctions.
“We achieved great results across all three auctions with 89 per cent clearance rates in both the general and damaged vehicle auctions, and 92 per cent sell-through in the general goods sale.’’
“Attendance figures were also impressive with approximately 300 registrations, 140 of who registered for the general vehicle auction.’’
Mr Ryan said another offer for locals was buying cars right off the floor and not just at the auction.
“Normally the cars for auction or sale are late-model cars and have done around 40,000 kilometres,’’ he said.
The NSW Government tender was pursued by Pickles, in conjunction with Rundles Auctions, Wagga Wagga.
Government motor vehicles, including those from local councils, make up 70 per cent of auctioned vehicle lots, while the remaining 30 per cent is comprised of fleet and finance vehicles.
Many are less than two years old and some still come with the manufacturer’s warranty still valid, while all government vehicles are sold with registration papers and a current roadworthy certificate.
Pickles Auctions Dubbo will hold motor vehicle auctions fortnightly and trucks and machinery will be sold on a bi-monthly basis.
Pickles Auctions now offers more than 8000 cars, trucks and machinery live online to choose from at any one time and is conducting in excess of 100 auctions per month online.