Three men will front court following an alleged aggravated break-in at a property on Backwater Road, Narromine on Tuesday.
At about 2.30am Tuesday 12 October 2021 a Holden Colorado utility was allegedly stolen from a home on Linda Drive, Dubbo.
About 9am the same day, a 39-year-old man, returned home to his property Narromine property to find three men ransacking the home.
One of the men produced a rifle and threatened the owner, demanding money before he was forced into the home at gunpoint.
- READ MORE: BREAKINGService station staff member threatened with knife upon leaving
The owner fled to a nearby bedroom and the firearm was discharged into the room through the door before the three men fled in the stolen utility. The owner was uninjured.
Police were notified and located the vehicle on Backwater Road heading towards Narromine, initiating a pursuit before it was terminated due to safety concerns.
Police engaged in a second pursuit just after 10am, on Industrial Access Road, Warren, that was also terminated shortly.
At about 11am, the utility was abandoned on Sixth Avenue, Narromine and following a short foot pursuit through a golf course, two men - aged 23 and 20 - were arrested.
A third man, aged 20, was arrested on a property near the Mitchell Highway.
All three men were taken to Dubbo Police Station.
The pair - aged 23 and 20 - were charged with aggravated break and enter dwelling in company steal, possess loaded firearm public place, robbery while armed with dangerous weapon, fire firearm manner likely injure persons/property, special aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-weapon and be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner.
The third man, aged 20, was charged with:
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period
- Aggravated break and enter dwelling in company steal
- Larceny value $2000
- Robbery armed with offensive weapon
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner (x5)
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously (x3)
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period (x7)
- Aggravated break and enter dwelling in company steal (x2)
- Aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-people there (x3)
- Possess loaded firearm public place
- Robbery while armed with dangerous weapon
- Fire firearm manner likely injure persons/property
- Special aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-weapon
Police will allege in court that the third man also forced entry to a home on Tamworth Street, Dubbo last Saturday ( October 9, 2021), where cash and a Ford Fairlane was stolen.
All men were refused bail to appear at Dubbo Local Court on Wednesday, October 13.
Do you want more Dubbo and regional news? Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...