A wanted man has been charged following a pursuit in the state's north on Friday.
About 1.45pm, officers attached to Central North Police District were in Coonamble for an unrelated matter when they sighted a stolen Kia Sorento allegedly being driven by a man wanted on several outstanding arrest warrants.
- READ MORE COURT AND CRIME:
- Drink-driver busted for fifth time warned he could end up in jail
- Motorists clocked 40km/h above limit, police target Merrilea Road
- Wellington woman faces court with 53 drug charges
- 'Do you mind?': Resident punches man for driving on his driveway
- Police release footage from central west ram raid and jewellery heist
Road spikes were successfully deployed on the Castlereagh Highway, about 30km south of Walgett, a short time later.
Following a brief pursuit the 38-year-old man was arrested without incident.
Police allege a 10cm hunting knife was also found on the man when he was searched.
He was taken to Walgett Police Station, where he was charged with four outstanding warrants for prior offences including pursuit, robbery, and aggravated break and enter offences.
He was also charged with domestic-violence assault, take and drive conveyance without the consent of owner, police pursuit - not stop - drive recklessly and drive while disqualified.
He was refused bail and appeared at Dubbo Local Court via AVL on Saturday.