A man has been charged following an alleged carjacking and pursuit in the Dubbo region.
About 12.30pm on Tuesday, a man approached a man stopped in his vehicle on Wattle Street, Dubbo.
The driver and passenger exited the vehicle when they were threatened, and the man drove off in their car.
No one was injured.
Officers from Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and began an investigation.
About 5pm later that day the vehicle was located at Narromine, where a pursuit was initiated on Dandaloo Street.
A short time later the pursuit was terminated.
About 5.50pm, officers attended a home on A'Beckett Street in Narromine after locating the vehicle, where a 32-year-old man was arrested and taken to Dubbo Police Station and charged with:
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive recklessly
- Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO
- Steal from the person value
- Use offensive weapon with intent to commit indictable offence
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company of other
- Threaten person with intent to influence witness
He was refused bail to appear at Dubbo Local Court on Tuesday.