WIDESPREAD thunderstorm activity is possible for the Central West on Friday afternoon with a weather warning already issued for Young.
Severe thunderstorms are likely in Young, while the Bureau of Meteorology’s alert shows that severe thunderstorms were also possible in areas including Parkes, Forbes, Cowra and Orange.
While in Bathurst, Dubbo, Nyngan and Narromine more minor thunderstorms were possible.
A severe thunderstorm is expected to hit Young on Friday afternoon with large hailstones and damaging winds predicted.
Wild weather swept through Young on Tuesday evening with 75 millimetres of rain recorded in one hour.
The thunderstorm left hundreds of people without power through until Wednesday morning.
The State Emergency Service (SES) advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES on 132 500