JUST one donation has the potential to save three lives and this National Donor Week people are being encouraged to roll up their sleeves for a good cause.
The annual week encourages new and returning donors to give an hour of their time to help save lives.
National Blood Donor Week is also a celebration of existing donors, with more than half a million Australians already giving blood and saving lives each year.
Tom Lonergan, former Australian Football League (AFL) player and National Blood Donor Week ambassador, is among those calling for people to donate.
After suffering an injury that threatened his life, he now considers his life a gift from blood donors.
“I think anyone that gives blood is a legend,” he said.
“I probably think back more so now I’m retired about how close I was to losing my life when I lost my kidney and I lost so much blood.
“I wake up with a smile on my face now all the time.”
Call 13 14 95 to make an appointment to donate.
- Story continues under video
Make your donation:
Orange Donor Centre, 84 Kite Street
- Wednesday-Thursday: 11am-6.30pm
- Saturday, August 8: 7.30am-12.30pm
Dubbo Donor Centre, Unit 1, 150 Darling Street
- Wednesday: 11.30am-7pm
- Thursday: 8am-2pm
- Friday: 8am-3pm
- Canowindra – September 10, 9.15am-3.30pm at Rodd Street
- Grenfell – September 11, 10am-2.30pm at Vaughan Park, Cross Street
- Molong – September 12, 8.45am-2pm at Mitchell Highway
- Cowra – September 17-19, 9.30am-3pm each day at 139 Taragala Street
- Young – September 17-19, times vary at 255 Boorowa Street
- Parkes – October 2-4, 9.45am-3pm at corner of Bogan and Dalton streets
- Forbes – November 5-7, 9.45am-2.45pm at Harold Street
- Blayney – November 14, 8.45am-3.45pm at 8-12 Farm Lane