A man will face court accused of the alleged abduction of a woman after an operation involving police from multiple areas in NSW including the Orana command.
He has been charged with taking/ detaining a person with intent to obtain advantage occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously, break, enter and steal and numerous other offences.
Police will allege a 36-year-old man took the 33-year-old woman against her will about 3.15am on Friday.
Detectives from Central Hunter, New England, Oxley and Orana local area commands, along with the Robbery and Serious Crime Squad and other units, launched inquiries into the incident.
Following an extensive search, the two were located at a property on Pinkett Road, Red Range, 30km east of Glen Innes, just after 5.30pm on Saturday.
The woman has been taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
The man was arrested and taken to Glen Innes Police Station where he was charged with eight offences:
• Take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage occasioning actual bodily harm
• Aggravated sexual assault – deprive liberty (DV);
• Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm (DV);
• Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (DV);
• Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously (two counts)
• Demand property with menaces with intent to steal, and
• Break, enter and steal.
The man was refused bail and is due to appear before Armidale Local Court on Sunday.