GET on your bike this October and join one of the many Two Wheeled Treks cycling and mountain biking events in national parks across NSW.
Now in its second year, the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service’s Two Wheeled Treks community cycling events will be held across the state from October 3 to 27.
This year Two Wheeled Treks has expanded to incorporate over a dozen events, many led by National Parks and Wildlife Discovery Rangers.
Events range from leisurely meanders for all ages and fitness levels, through to adrenaline-charged challenges for mountain biking enthusiasts.
“Two Wheeled Treks offers a great opportunity for us to show off some of the best places for mountain biking in the state.
“Whether you are a mountain biking enthusiast, a cycling family, or just getting into the saddle for the first time, there are great cycling and mountain biking experiences to be found in national parks this October,” NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service assets manager Brian Ries said.
“NSW has one of the most fantastic networks of national parks in the world, so grab your family and friends, get your heart pumping and discover some of the country’s most amazing natural spaces at one of these great cycling events.”
Two Wheeled Treks
includes National Park Discovery-guided rides in national parks on the NSW North Coast, Mid North Coast, Hunter, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Greater Western Sydney, Southerland and Illawarra Shires, South Coast and Western NSW during October 2012.
State-wide Two Wheeled Treks events in October please visit www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/cycling for more information about individual events.
* Freedom MTB Marathon: Saturday 13 October – Nightcap National Park
* Bongil Bongil Family Mountain Bike Ride: Saturday 13 October –Bongil Bongil National Park
* Convict Lime Kilns Mountain Bike Ride for Families – Kumbatine National Park
* Glenrock Family Discovery Challenge: Sunday 14 October – Glenrock State Conservation Area
* Columbey National Park Family Bike Ride: Sunday 14 October – Columbey National Park
* Wild Wild World Mountain Bike Series: Saturday 13 October – Brisbane Waters National Park
* Wild Wild World Mountain Bike Ride: Sunday 14 October – Dhurag National Park
Blue Mountains / Oberon
* Kanangra Walls Waterfall Wonderland: Saturday 13 October – Kanangra-Boyd National Park
* Kanangra Classic MTB Enduro: Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 October – Kanangra-Boyd National Park
Greater Western Sydney
* XC Series Yellomundee: Sunday 21 October – Yellomundee Regional Park
Southerland / Illawarra
* Lady Carrington Drive Family Discovery Ride: Saturday 13 October – Royal National Park
* Bike Brigade: Wednesday 3 October - Bournda National Park
* Beni Spring Spin: Saturday 27 October – Beni State Conservation Area