Negotiations are ongoing to try and bring the SCG XI City v Country back to Dubbo for a second year.
The city played host to a match in December 2016 at Victoria Park No.1 Oval involving members of the SCG Trust and a handful of Dubbo players.
Since then, the Trust has indicated its interest in returning for another hit out, and indicated its interest in bringing high profile members such as Stuart Clark to increase local interest.
If the match goes ahead, it will be held on Saturday, October 21 and will be a Twenty20 game played under lights.
Dubbo Regional Council issued a press release on Wednesday indicating the match would go ahead and Clark would be one of the players.
However the Dubbo District Cricket Association and SCG Trust said the game has not been confirmed and it is understood Clark has other commitments that will prevent him from making the trip.
Dubbo District Cricket Association president Jeff Shanks stressed the match had not been confirmed yet but was hoping it would be settled by the end of the week.
“We’re awaiting final confirmation from the SCG Trust,” he said.
“The Trust was very impressed with the facilities here last year and have said they wanted to return and now we are trying to make that a reality.”
If the match goes ahead, it will be a fundraiser for Ryan Medley, who suffered a serious neck injury playing reserve grade rugby league for CYMS against Wellington.