2017 Articles and galleries:
2017 Anzac Day service and commemorative marches in Dubbo:
- 5:45am – Dawn Service begins at the Cenotaph at Victoria Park on Darling Street.
- 10am – The Anzac March will begin in Brisbane Street outside the Dubbo RSL. Those taking part in the March are asked to gather from 10am with the March beginning at 10:15am.
- 11am – Anzac day service at Cenotaph, where Group Captain Francis Frederick Grigson will be a guest speaker at the service.
Thousands of Dubbo residents will gather together on Tuesday, April 25 for Anzac Day.
Dubbo RSL vice-president Jeff Caldbeck said the Anzac Day services and marches were always very moving.
Mr Caldbeck said it was great to see the dawn service and march becoming so popular with the local community.
Mr Caldbeck encouraged those wanting to attend the dawn service in Dubbo to arrive early as road closures will be in force.
“The dawn service and march have become so popular for residents and children. They have really grown in numbers,” he said.
He encouraged everyone to attend the dawn service, march and sunset service. He said this year will be a very personal and moving Anzac Day for him.
“This year will be especially moving for me as my son who is a serving member of the army in Darwin will be flying to Dubbo to attend the Anzac Day services with me,” he said.
Last year hundreds of knitted poppies cascaded down the side of the Cenotaph, and they will be in place again this year, as will the projections on the Cenotaph.
- Brisbane Street between Wingewarra Street and Serisier Street. Wingewarra Street between Darling and Brisbane Streets will be closed from 9.00am to 11.00am.
- Wingewarra Street between Brisbane and Macquarie Street, Macquarie Street between Wingewarra and Talbragar Street, Talbragar Street between Macquarie Street and Memorial Drive (Victoria Park) will be closed from 10.30am to 11.15am.
- Darling Street from Talbragar to Wingewarra Street will be closed from 10:30am to 1pm during the service.
- Wingewarra Street between Darling Street and Brisbane Street will be closed between 12pm to 1pm.
- Motorists are advised that those vehicles parked within the nominated streets will not be able to be moved until the roads are opened.