Funding has provided to 14 upcoming events in Dubbo.
The events, which are expected to bring $3.8 million to our economy, have received money from Dubbo Regional Council's two events funds.
"The impact of COVID-19 on the events and live entertainment industry has been significant. Mass participation events have been hit hard and to have their return in 2022 will not only deliver tourism outcomes for the region, but also provide residents with much needed social and community interaction," council's manager regional events Kim Hague said.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
"Events contribute greatly to the well-being and social cohesion of communities, and our region can look forward to a dynamic and diverse range of offerings in 2022."
There are two new events scheduled for next year - Dubbo Festival of Athletics and Dubbo Winter Whiskey Festival.
Community Events Fund:
- Wellington Vintage Fair and Swap Meet - $3,000
- Under Western Skies Festival - $3,000
- Man from Ironbark Festival - $3,000
- Wellington Show - $3,000
- Central West Interclub Triathlon Series - $100
Destination Events Fund:
- Dubbo Festival of Athletics - $4,000
- NSW RSL Youth Club State Swimming Championships - $1,590
- Dubbo Bike Rally - $8,000
- Newcastle Fringe Festival - $3,410
- Dubbo Eisteddfod - $5,000
- Dubbo Winter Whiskey Festival - $2,000
- Wellington Eisteddfod - $5,000
- Model T Ford National Rally 20T2 - $3,000
- Group XI Grand Final - $3,000
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: