A police officer has been injured and a teenager has been charged after a number of property offences in Dubbo.
About 6.30am on Wednesday, police were called to a home in Susan Place following reports of a break and enter.
Police attended and began a search after reports people were seen running from the area.
Following inquiries, officers arrested a 17-year-old after a short foot pursuit and struggle on Pine Knoll Drive.
A constable was injured during the arrest and was taken to Dubbo Base Hospital for treatment.
The teenager was taken to Dubbo Police Station and charged with:
- Steal motor vehicle,
- Damage property by fire,
- Aggravated break and enter with intent - knowing person there,
- Agg break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-people there,
- Possess housebreaking implements,
- Face blackened/disguised with intent commit indictable offence,
- Assault officer in execution of duty,
- Resist officer in execution of duty and,
- Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO
The teenager was refused bail to appear at a children's court on November 22.