Nine new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Dubbo and two in Wellington.
In the 24 hours to 8pm on Monday night thee were 14 COVID cases in the Western NSW Local Health District.
As well as the cases in Dubbo and Wellington, there were two in Walgett and one in Lightning Ridge.
However, the local health district confirmed the Lightning Ridge case was a false positive.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
NSW Health's Dr Jeremy McAnulty announced 1127 cases had been detected across the state in the 24 hours, with eight overseas positive cases.
114,084 tests were conducted in the same period.
Dr McAnulty said the weekend and good weather may have led to lower testing numbers, and it was too early to say the peak had passed.
"It's too soon to know if we've been flattening the curve, but ... it's really nice to see immunisation rates increasing so quickly," he said.
"We'd like to see a few more days before we can be confident there's a trend."
78.8 per cent of people have received a first dose, with 46.5 per cent of people fully vaccinated.
1253 people with COVID are in NSW hospitals, with 231 requiring intensive care and 134 needing ventilation.
Two deaths were reported - a woman in her 80s from Sydney who had received a dose of vaccine and had underlying conditions, and a man in his 50s who died at Concord.
He had received his first dose three days before testing positive, but did not have underlying conditions.
The two take NSW's death toll since June to 187.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.