The number of COVID-19 infections in NSW have risen again despite the statewide lockdown over the weekend with 478 cases recorded in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday.
An additional 35 cases were announced for the Western NSW local health district. It brings the total number of active cases in the region to 98.
Dubbo currently has 91 active case of COVID-19.
There are also four cases in Walgett and three in Mudgee.
Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders said one of the Mudgee COVID-19 cases was a person who lived in Sydney but had a Mudgee adress and had not been in the city during their infectious period.
Seven people died from COVID-19 during the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said there had been a "disturbing" number of community transmission cases and added she was "very concerned about communities in West Dubbo, and the Walgett area and those remote communities in far west NSW".
NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant added Dubbo had become a particular area of concern, particularly around Indigenous vaccination rates in those communities.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
Monday marked the start of NSW Police Force's 'Operation Stay at Home' to enforce new restrictions, regional area entry permits and the statewide lockdown.
Ms Berejiklian said there would be a level of police enforcement "never seen before".
"It only takes a few people to do the wrong thing," Ms Berejiklian said.
NSW recorded 415 new local cases of COVID-19 overnight to Sunday, following the entire state entering lockdown on Saturday evening.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.