Former mayors Allan Smith, Greg Matthews and Mathew Dickerson have join the call for the results of the investigation into Dubbo Regional Council to be made public.
An independent investigation into Dubbo council has just been finalised.
The results of the investigation are currently private, but on Monday night, councillors agreed to seek legal advice regarding making it public.
The former Dubbo mayors say they're disappointed with the lack of transparency.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
"Council is owned by the community. The residents have a right to know what is happening. Having an open and transparent government is critical to a well-functioning democracy," Mr Dickerson said.
Mr Smith said if people had been abusing their positions of trust, the community had every right to know about that abuse.
The investigation looked at the way council had dealt with code of conduct complaints during the current term of council.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: