Workers from Greater Sydney are among those working on the Dubbo Hospital redevelopment, NSW Health Infrastructure has confirmed.
The $306.3M redevelopment, which includes the new carpark and the Western Cancer Centre, remains on track to be completed in "coming months".
Companies are able to send employees to regional NSW, while all construction in COVID-19 hotspots in Greater Sydney has been shut down until July 30.
Anyone who travels from Greater Sydney to regional NSW for work is obligated to abide by the stay-at-home orders. That means only attending their worksite and going out to collect food or other essential items, then going straight home (or to their hotel).
- Fair to highlight work of creatives, designers and artists
- Active infectious cases stubborn as NSW COVID figures drop
- Nestlé worker tests positive for COVID-19, close contacts in isolation
- Vale Norman Volk: A 'thorough gentleman' throughout the Merino industry
- Community comes first in decision-making: Josh Black
There is also a requirement for workers to undergo a weekly COVID-19 test.
The public health order doesn't allow for Greater Sydney workers to visit local cafes, pubs and shops.
There is a blanket ban on anyone from the COVID-19 hotspots of Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool council areas.
A NSW Health Infrastructure spokesperson said there are strict measures in place to keep the community safe.
"Health infrastructure and its contractors follow strict workplace policies and procedures to keep workers, contractors and the local community safe during the Covid-19 pandemic," the spokesperson said. "The measures include surveillance testing, mask wearing and QR code check in.
"There are a small number of workers from Greater Sydney currently working at the Dubbo Hospital Redevelopment site. Any workers who are required to work or visit the site from Greater Sydney are subject to the Public Health Order testing requirement."
Principal contractors for the development are Hansen Yuncken, while Sydney-based Lipman is building the Dubbo Western Cancer Centre. They are responsible for engaging any sub-contractors.
Lipman declined to comment beyond the NSW Health Infrastructure statement. Hansen Yuncken has also been contacted for comment.
"As the principal contractors for the redevelopment, Hansen Yuncken and Lipman are responsible for procuring and engaging any sub-contractors as well as suppliers for the project," the NSW Health Infrastructure spokesperson said.
"Health Infrastructure strongly encourages the principal contractors to engage local businesses where possible."
The front-of-house services opened earlier this year, including a new emergency department and Aboriginal health service.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: