Thousands of people gathered around the Victoria Park cenotaph on Anzac Day to pay tribute to our servicemen and women for the annual midday service.
This year we welcomed the return of traditional commemorations following last year which saw Anzac Day marked for the first time in more than a century only through televised services due to COVID-19 restrictions.
A dawn service was held at Victoria Park on Sunday at around 5.45 am.
An annual march was then held, starting from the Dubbo RSL Club and ending back at Victoria Park for the main service at 11 am.
Ex-servicemen and women were then invited back to the Dubbo RSL Club for lunch followed by an array of open events held throughout the evening including the traditional games of Two-Up.
This year also marked 106 years since our Australian troops landed in Gallipoli and 100 years since Australia formed its very first own Air Force.
Dubbo also welcomed home Royal Australian Air Force Squadron Leader David Mann who was called upon to speak during the Anzac Day service.
Squadron Mann grew up in Dubbo and attended school at St John's College before he went off to attend the Australian Defence Force Academy.
"We gather here on this day to remember the sacrifices we have made in the past, so we can enjoy the freedom that we have today," Squadron Mann said.
"The price Australia paid during the civil war was frightening and debilitating.
"With a population of just four and a half million, over 330,000 were thrust into the battlefield.
"Over 59,000 were killed and 152,000 wounded," he said.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: