All four route options for the proposed South Dubbo Bridge will now be available for the public to see.
But mayor Ben Shields says he'll fight against the project going ahead if its not supported by the community.
The decision to release all of the options was made at the Dubbo Regional Council meeting on Monday night, five months after the councillors voted to only release two.
The bridge is expected to cost upwards of $24.5 million and Cr Shields said Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders has indicated it would be "very hard to get funding" for the bridge if all options didn't go on exhibition.
Councillor Dayne Gumley remained opposed to releasing all four options, however it was supported by all the other councillors in the room.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
Option A, which would cost $33.9 million, has been heavily criticised for its impact on Sandy Beach. It would be constructed from Minore Road to Sandy Beach Road/Bligh Street.
Option B, the most expensive at $35.7 million, would be a curved bridge going from Minore Road to South Street/Bligh Street.
Option C, expected to cost $31.5 million, would go from Minore Road to Macquarie Street/Tamworth Street.
The final bridge route, Option D, is the cheapest at $24.5 million. It would be constructed from the Yuille Crescent/Newell Highway intersection to Macquarie Street/Tamworth Street.
In the strategic concept design report created for council by GHD, Option A is labelled as "the least attractive option to pursue" because both of its cost and the the impact it has on Sandy Beach.
If all of the route options are not supported, Cr Shields said he'll listen to the feedback from the public.
"It's hypocritical of me to say we'll proceed on the south bridge against community wishes but then get stuck into the state government when they're proceeding against community wishes," he said.
"Let us go through this community consultation period, but my personal view and belief is if the community continues to oppose it like they're doing so far, walk away from it."
Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders said he was pleased all four exhibitions would be on exhibition.
"I'm pleased to see that council is doing the right thing and putting all four options out for community consultation," Mr Saunders said.
"The state government provided $100,000 for the independent report and I'm looking forward to seeing the community's reactions to the other options."
Feedback on the proposed South Dubbo Bridge, and the routes, can be given via the Dubbo Regional Council website.
The public exhibition period will be open until Friday, February 5, 2021.