South Australia has thrown its border open to Victorians, as new business check-in systems come into force and health officials report no new virus cases linked to a worrying COVID-19 cluster.
Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier says there are 33 cases linked to the so-called Parafield outbreak but only 11 of those were still considered active infections.
The number of close contacts in quarantine has also reduced to 1100.
But Professor Spurrier revealed one new coronavirus case from earlier in November which was not publicly reported at the time.
She said the woman was a returned traveller who had been in hotel quarantine and who had since cleared the infection and been released.
SA's efforts to contain the Parafield cluster were boosted on Tuesday by the introduction of QR check-in codes across a wide range of venues.
The system will operate through a government smartphone application.
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said by 9.30 am more than 26,000 people had used the codes to check-in at various locations.
While Professor Spurrier described the system as a "game-changer" for health officials involved in contact tracing and Premier Steven Marshall said it was a fantastic tool to help contain the virus.
"The information if kept very securely, it is encrypted and it is only accessed by SA Health when they need that information to get people into quarantine as quickly as possible," the premier said.
The system comes as SA reduces some local coronavirus restrictions that were imposed because of the Parafield cluster.
Under the new rules, patron caps for pubs and restaurants will be scrapped provided venues are using the new QR codes, although the rule of one person to every four square metres will continue to apply.
The density requirement will be reduced to one person to every two square metres for any outdoor activities or venues where stand-up consumption will also be allowed.
Limits on funerals will be raised to 150, with the same number of people already allowed at weddings and other private events.
Home gatherings will continue to be restricted to 10 people.
Cinemas and theatres will be allowed to operate at up to 50 per cent capacity while gyms and swimming centres can also open.
With the scrapping of the Victorian border rules, SA is now open to travellers from every state and territory as well as those from New Zealand.
Australian Associated Press