SA's strict lockdown ends at midnight on Saturday, although a range of measures will remain to limit crowds and a permit will be required to enter Victoria.
South Australians wishing to go to Victoria will need a permit from midnight as the almost coronavirus-free state moves to protect itself against infection.
The Victorian government announced on Saturday that special permission to leave SA would apply from 11.59pm and permits could be obtained from the Service Victoria website.
The rule differs for communities in the previously established 70km cross-border bubble, who will be able to use their existing permit from the SA government. These permits are a hangover from when SA was restricting entry to Victorians.
Exemptions to the permit system are for those providing emergency medical care or services and those whose properties straddle the border.
"People who have visited an SA high risk exposure site will not be allowed to visit Victoria unless an exemption is granted by the chief health officer," a government spokeswoman said.
"People may make an application for an exemption."
SA confirmed just one new COVID-19 case on Saturday - the partner of a positive case linked to the Parafield cluster, which now numbers 26.
Premier Steven Marshall said the government was still "very concerned". "We are not out of the woods yet," he told reporters.
"The expert health advice we have received is that we are still managing a very dangerous cluster.
"There are still many people that we need to identify."
Authorities are yet to contact about 40 people linked to the outbreak.
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said investigators were speaking to a pizza shop worker who lied to contact tracers about his whereabouts, sparking the lockdown.
He is believed to be a 36-year-old Spaniard living in Australia on a temporary graduate visa.
"It is fair to say that had this person been more up front with us we would not have instituted a six-day lockdown," Mr Stevens said.
Police also want to speak to two other people of interest as part of the investigation, which is being undertaken by 20 detectives.
Sixty fines and 103 cautions were issued by police to South Australians caught breaching COVID-19 rules on Thursday and Friday.
More than 19,000 COVID-19 tests were conducted on Friday and about 5400 people remain in isolation as a result of the cluster.
Mr Marshall said compensation for businesses hit by the lockdown was not being contemplated
He was unapologetic about the decision to send SA into lockdown, saying experts presented the government with information and it acted swiftly for people's protection.
Health officials say anyone who was at steel supplier SA Structural from 7.30am to 3.30pm on November 12 should isolate and get tested.
Students can return to school on Monday but people are being encouraged to continue working from home for the next eight to 10 days if possible.
SA has 37 active cases.
Australian Associated Press