Over $16 million dollars will be spent across the Parkes electorate, replacing and upgrading local bridges and roads.
Included in the funding is $2 million for the realignment and widening of Boothenba Road to enable safer access for larger vehicles travelling to and from the Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets.
There is also $1.25 million for a replacement of Lucas Bridge in the Gilgandra Shire, $2.5 million for the widening of the Mitchell Highway between Bourke and Nyngan, and more than $5 million for roadworks in the Walgett Shire.
Member for Parkes Mark Coulton made the announcement saying the timing couldn't be better.
"This vital funding will allow communities right across my electorate to fast-track their highest-priority infrastructure projects, providing a much-needed boost to local jobs and the economy," Mr Coulton said.
"I am thrilled to see so many projects across the Parkes electorate will receive grants to do exactly that, at a time where it couldn't be needed more.
"Every single local job we support in the Parkes electorate by investing in infrastructure projects means safer journeys, reliable work on the books for local construction businesses and more cash flowing through local communities."
Mr Coulton said the $16.7 million in funding as part of round five of the bridges renewal program and round seven of the heavy vehicle safety and productivity program.
The projects are:
- Lucas Bridge Replacement, Gilgandra Shire Council - Replace timber structure with new concrete bridge, $1,250,000
- Orange Grove Road Bridge Replacement, Gunnedah Shire Council - Replacement of a load limited timber bridge allowing HML access via Orange Grove Road, $626,175
- Carters Swamp Bridge, Brewarrina Shire Council - Replaced existing bridge with new structure, $450,000
- Kelvin Road Upgrade and Seal, Gunnedah Shire Council - Upgrading and sealing the remaining 11.6kms of Kelvin Road between Gunnedah and Rangari Road, $2,000,000
- Reconstruction and Sealing of Come By Chance Road Segment I (17.3km), Walgett Shire Council - Reconstruction and sealing, including construction of side-tracks for detours during construction, $2,000,000
- Reconstruction and Sealing of Come By Chance Road Segment II (17.3km), Walgett Shire Council - Reconstruction and sealing, including construction of side-tracks for detours during construction, $2,000,000
- Reconstruction and Sealing of Come By Chance Road Segment III (17.4km), Walgett Shire Council - Reconstruction and sealing, including construction of side-tracks for detours during construction, $1,050,000
- Boothenba Road Upgrade, Dubbo, Dubbo Regional Council - Realignment and widening of Boothenba Road to enable safer access for larger vehicles, $2,000,000
- Upgrade section of Henry Parkes Way, Lachlan Shire Council - Upgrade of two intersections, pavement strengthening and safety improvement, $258,000
- Warren Road Intersection Upgrade, Coonamble Shire Council - Upgrade intersection of Warren Road and Castlereagh Highway, $400,000
- IB Bore Road Sealing, Gwydir Shire Council - Pavement upgrade and sealing of approximately 20kms of IB Bore Road, North Star, $2,000,000
- Condobolin Truck Wash, Lachlan Shire Council - Upgrade of existing truck wash to allow B-Double heavy vehicles to use facility, $265,228
- HW7 Widening between Bourke to Nyngan, Transport for NSW - Mitchell Highway widening in various sections with deficient pavement width between Bourke and Nyngan, $2,500,000
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.