Venue owners in Dubbo can submit an application to host one of 1000 Great Southern Nights gigs in November.
Artists including Jimmy Barnes, Tones and I, Paul Kelly, The Veronicas and Tash Sultana have already been secured for the event.
The ambitious plan from Destination NSW, in collaboration with the Australian Recording Industry Association Music Awards, is for 50 per cent of the gigs to be held in regional NSW. The other half will be held in greater Sydney.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
Dubbo Regional Council has joined Bathurst and Orange in showing their interest to be chosen for an event.
Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders is also encouraging the city's businesses to get on board.
Mr Saunders said Dubbo had already hosted The Red Hot Summer Tour which showed the city has the space for a large, physically-distanced event.
There have already been 700 venues register their interest for Great Southern Nights.
ARIA chief executive Dan Rosen said the organisers have been busy curating a world-class program of headline shows, now the intel and enthusiasm from local communities was needed to push it to a whole new level.
"Any venue that has previously hosted a gig and can deliver a COVID-safe event will be considered, so I encourage all venues around NSW to apply now to be part of the Great Southern Nights program," Mr Rosen said.
The venues also need to put forward their suggested talent when they apply to take part.
Up to four gigs can be submitted per venue. Successful applicants will receive financial support to contract talent and hold the event.
Applications close on Friday, August 14. Apply through the Great Southern Nights website.