Fire and Rescue NSW crews from Delroy and Dubbo Fire Stations were called to a property on Bunglegumbie Rd, Dubbo, at 7.50am Tuesday morning following reports of a house fire.
Upon arrival the crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire which is believed to have started in the bathroom of the home.
Thankfully all occupants of the home managed to evacuate and no one was injured during the event.
Acting Superintendent, Scott Dodson from Fire and Rescue NSW said it was a timely reminder for the community to develop their fire escape plans.
"Now is the time for residents to check they have a working smoke alarm and that all members of the family have an awareness of calling Triple Zero (000) in an emergency," he said.
NSW Fire and Rescue remind residents; 'you can't smell smoke when you're asleep', and the most effective way to be alerted in light of a fire is by ensuring the installation of working smoke alarms.
"Unless you have a working smoke alarm - you might not wake until it's too late," Superintendent Dodson said.