Dubbo Netball Association president Karen Weekes has hailed the leadership of Netball NSW and Netball Australia ahead of a return to play next month.
The sport's governing bodies were some of the most vocal during the push for a return to community sport.
High-profile players and coaches co-signed a letter demanding more information prior to junior sport getting the green light for a return while Netball NSW CEO Carolyn Campbell reached out to the state government when there was a lack of information around senior sport.
Both junior and senior sport have since been given the all clear to return from July 1 and the Dubbo Netball Association (DNA) is set to launch a nine-week competition from July 25.
"Netball NSW and Netball Australia were very active to promote the return of netball," Weekes said.
"When it was announced the under 18s could come back that open letter ... was fantastic.
"There's been constant communication so we know what's going on and they've done all that with skeleton staff."
It was early in the lockdown during April the Dubbo association announced plans to start a shortened season from July 18.
But there's been numerous updates, restriction changes, and meetings since then.
The plan now is for a seven-week regular season from July 25 before a two-week finals series.
A general meeting was held on Monday night and there was a huge amount of positivity from all clubs.
The clubs are also fully committed to working with whatever health guidelines are in place to ensure the hundreds of players signed up get every chance to play some kind of meaningful competition this year.
"The feedback we're getting is everyone is keen to participate and excited to have a season," Weekes said.
"There's only been four players withdrawal to date so that shows the netball community is keen to get back."
Training can resume from this week but there are strict rules in place.
Booking of the courts is now much more strict, with only DNA teams permitted to take to the courts and spectators will not be allowed at training sessions.
While more updates and information is expected before the first round of the season in Dubbo, measures are already being taken to ensure to safest and smoothest game day experience.
The only question currently is what kind of crowd would be allowed come round one at the Nita McGrath courts.
"We'll make sure of social distancing and hygiene," Weekes added.
The association is already working to have more signage is around the courts to ensure all guidelines are followed while there will be sanitising stations available and changes will be made to protocol at the canteen.
The state representative schedule has also changed with the juniors titles on the October long weekend in various locations while the opens and masters will play on October 17 and 18.