While the club itself will remain closed as a physical property, the Dubbo Golf Course is expected to stay open for the immediate future.
The club itself shut it's doors at midday on Monday in compliance with tightening government restrictions, but the course remains open for normal competitions and social play.
Despite that, rules enforcing social distancing and gatherings mean that no presentations will be conducted as the fight against the COVID-19 outbreak continues.
The club's fairways restaurant has switched to take-out only method of food delivery in compliance with the new governmental restrictions, and several altered rules will be in place across the golf grounds in order to ensure public health and safety.
In a statement released through the club's Facebook page, General Manager Rod Archer said that the club was currently working through what the wider closure of golf club's across the nation meant for the club's future.
"For us, it's very, very important to mention two aspects, the safety of our members and staff which we talked about last week and is always at the front of our minds," Archer said.
"But I think that the golf course offers real social benefits beyond just being a sport or a recreational activity, it's important to me that we continue to come out and be responsible with our distancing, but still engage."
Archer said that despite the length of time the restrictions may be in place for, it would be unfortunate for the club's community connections to break down.
"We've been through so much with droughts, and to the east of us with the bushfires, it's important that we have an outlet that we can come together and talk about these things."
Golf pro Craig Mears offered advice on players on how to accomodate the changes the club has made with the assistance of Golf NSW.
"The easter tournament is still going ahead as planned at this stage," Mears said.
"Some rules that Golf NSW and Golf Australia have suggested and we've decided to adopt, they're all about staying safe and looking after everyone who's playing golf."
As part of the measures, no one will be permitted to remove the flag-stick from the golf hole while on the putting service in order to limit contamination risk, as well as a 'stopper' in place in the golf hole to prevent players from having to reach deeply into the hole during play.
"The course is in superb condition and we'd love to have people out here, it's just a shame that this situation is happening and has impacted so many people at the moment."