Dubbo is losing more than $15 million in cancelled events following the government's ban on non-essential gatherings.
The government has put a ban on outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people or 100 people indoors to slow the spread of corovavirus or COVID-19.
Dubbo Regional Council's manager regional events Kim Hague said it has resulted in the cancellation of more than 100 events, including the Dubbo Show and the Red Hot Summer Tour.
"This translates into over $15 million in economic value in our region, but realistically it will be far greater as this does not include business events, private events and weddings, and the local sporting events and competitions," Ms Hague said.
Some events such as the Melanoma March, which was scheduled to be in Dubbo on Saturday, have taken their plans online. Rather than holding a get together at Victoria Park, a virtual march has been organised.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
Meanwhile, the Under Western Skies Festival held a Facebook watch party.
Ms Hague said the priority of council was public health and safety but the events community had been impacted "significantly".
"But now is a good time to support our industry and the event community in other ways," she said.
"Where possible, hang onto your ticket while the organisers make decisions about if they are postponing and what those dates might be. If your event is cancelled, maybe consider looking at other events in our region at a later date."
The events manager also asked the public to consider buying merchandise from online stores for the events.
Ms Hague thanked the event organisers for their cooperation. She said it was a "challenging time" and "incredibly heartbreaking".