Dubbo Hospital is equipped to treat a person with the new coronavirus known as COVID-19, reports the Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) .
As of Thursday there had been four confirmed cases of COVID-19 in NSW, none of them in regional areas.
All four patients are reported to have recovered.
The potential spread of COVID-19 into regional NSW has been factored into preparations for a pandemic.
"NSW Health, including all local health districts, is prudently planning for a pandemic to care for patients with COVID-19," a WNSWLHD spokesman said.
"The pandemic plan addresses the situation where the infection occurs across the world, including in regional NSW."
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus.
It first emerged in China and currently has infected more than 81,000 people globally, killing almost 3000 of them.
Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia.
Health authorities report good hygiene can prevent infection.
"Everyone should practice good hygiene, including regular cleaning of your hands, covering coughs and sneezes, and staying home if you are sick," the WNSWLHD spokesman said before offering advice to travellers.
"People who have travelled to countries where COVID-19 is occurring in the last 14 days should seek medical care if they develop respiratory symptoms or fever."
Last week NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard warned of the "possible COVID-19 pandemic converging with winter flu".
He too encouraged good hygiene and asked businesses to provide alcohol hand rub and "stress the the importance of staying home when sick".
The minister asked the public to "keep our EDs for emergencies only, particularly as we head into the flu season".
Australians are being encouraged to get an influenza shot when they become available and told face masks should be "saved" for people who are sick.