More than $200,000 has been pledged by the NSW government to support areas of the state devastated by unprecedented bushfires as they begin a major clean-up and recovery.
Volunteer organisation BlazeAid will get $100,000 for fencing and materials, while $120,000 will be provided to local councils, the state treasury department said.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet and Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott visited affected areas around Kempsey and Port Macquarie on Sunday.
It is hoped the funding can help people in hard-hit areas start to pick up the pieces after a week which saw a state of emergency declared across NSW and "catastrophic" warnings issued.
"While our combat agencies continue to work tirelessly to contain these fires, we know that many kilometres of fencing has been destroyed and there is a large amount of debris to be cleared," Mr Perrottet said.
"This extra funding will assist communities devastated by bushfires here in northern NSW begin the recovery process."
BlazeAid has base camps in Casino, Tenterfield, Ewingar and Ebor and the department said it's considering locations to support fire-hit communities in the mid north coast, such as Nymboida, Wingham and Nabiac.
The state government said it had already committed $160,000 to affected local councils, before Sunday's announcement.
The federal government said it had paid $1,695,600 in support to people in NSW and Queensland in the past week.
Some 1320 claims have been processed across affected regions of the two states since Sunday, the Department of Human Services said.
Australian Associated Press