A HOUSE has been destroyed during an overnight fire with the incident now under police investigation.
Fire, ambulance and police crews received a triple-0 call at 11 minutes past midnight on Thursday following reports of a home on fire on Elizabeth Street in Wellington.
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) Wellington and Dubbo crews, along with NSW Rural Fire Service firefighters rushed to the scene.
FRNSW Station Officer John Poulos was among those to attend and said the house was well involved in fire by the time the first crews arrived on scene.
"By the time we got there, we're 30 minutes away, it was pretty much extinguished and they [other firefighters] were just putting out hot spots," he said.
"It looks like it was a Department of Housing property, it was single level and it had been unoccupied for a couple of weeks.
"The cause of the fire is now being investigated."
The electricity supplier was also called to the incident to turn power to the property off as the fire had burnt through power lines which had then fallen to the ground and were still live.
MAP: The street where the blaze occurred
Love local news?
Why not subscribe, the first 30 days of full website access is free.