Firefighters believe a candle and fireworks were the causes of two fires in the Dubbo region on Wednesday night.
Dubbo Fire Station Commander Simon Bracht said firefighters were called to a grass fire about 8.30pm on the western side of the Macquarie River, near the Devil's Elbow site.
Trees and a large area of grass were on fire, with fireworks the suspected cause.
"We accessed it off Bunglegumbie Road and called in six Rural Fire Service (RFS) tankers to assist us," Commander Bracht said.
"No one was injured."
After firefighters put the fire out they were called to another fire about 11.30pm on Bencubbin Drive at Firgrove.
A candle was believed to have caused a room in a home to became engulfed in flames while a family was inside, Commander Bracht said.
"The occupants were alerted and woken up by their smoke alarms," he told the Daily Liberal.
Police and paramedics were called to assist.
"Two adults and two children were treated for smoke inhalation and released without being taken to hospital," Commander Bracht said.
"There was significant damage but the fire was fortunately contained to the room of origin."
Fire authorities will conduct initial investigations into both incidents.
Police will get involved if the fires are deemed to have been deliberately lit or started in suspicious circumstances.
"Its been a busy few days," Commander Bracht said.
The crews who put out the fires on Wednesday were also tasked with responding to a fatal crash near Dubbo on Tuesday.