As temperatures dip to minus three degrees this week, Dubbo residents are urged to take precautions to avoid a house fire.
Dubbo is in for some cold and frosty mornings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
It's prompted a warning from Fire and Rescue NSW.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
FRNSW Superintendent Michael Jay said there was a 10 per cent increase in home fires during the cooler months due to heaters and electric blankets.
"Don't put yourself or your family at risk. We want to remind people to be careful when using heaters and to keep everything in the house 'a metre from the heater'," he said.
FRNSW has recommended a few easy steps to prevent fires: turning off heaters and electric blankets before getting into bed, ensuring powerboards are not overloaded, not using wheat bags to warm beds and ensuring the smoke alarm is working.
Residents are also urged to 'keep looking when cooking'.
More information on fire prevention is available on the FRNSW website.