A Dubbo woman who waited "three long years" for a National Broadband Network (NBN) service was connected for the first time last Thursday.
"I think I'm in shock that it has finally happened," she told the Daily Liberal.
The woman was told she could be connected in 2016 but the installation date changed eight times.
Regional Services Minister Mark Coulton advocated on behalf of her and others in similar situations when he met the NBN CEO earlier this year.
The original version of this story appears below and was first published on July 18.
Dubbo woman's NBN nightmare continues: Minister trying to get problems fixed
A Dubbo woman is being forced to wait another three months for a National Broadband Network (NBN) connection after the company building the infrastructure said for the eighth time that it would take longer to be delivered than was originally expected.
In June NBN Co told the Daily Liberal the woman could expected to be connected to the NBN by early August, after she revealed publicly she was first told she could be connected in 2016.
The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, says she's now been given eight dates her Webber Drive home would be connected - only to end up having no connection available on those dates.
When asked about the woman's plight an NBN Co spokeswoman said the company was "on track to complete the physical infrastructure build by August".
READ ALSO: Regional Big W stores safe...for now
"Time is then required for the testing of the new infrastructure before [the woman] can order an NBN service, however, we will be working as quickly as possible to ensure this is expedited and we are confident this will occur prior to November," she said.
"We apologise for the construction delays due to the resourcing and access to the specialised equipment required for this type of build."
Regional Services Minister Mark Coulton expressed sympathy for the woman and people in similar situations.
"I met with NBN CEO Stephen Rue earlier this year and discussed remediation delays in housing estates in Dubbo," he said.
"I'm dealing with the NBN Co on behalf of those people on a regular basis to try and get them to fix the problems.
"Given the size and scale of this project, there are bound to be challenges along the way, including challenges that often lead to some isolated delays with the rollout."
Mr Coulton said despite some people struggling to get connected, 85 per cent of homes, farms and businesses in his electorate of Parkes can now order an NBN service.