Organisers of the Dubbo fireworks have been forced to cancel the event at the last minute due to dangerous weather.
A dust storm and strong winds hit Dubbo around 6.30pm, with organisers making the decision around 7.30 to cancel.
A notice on their Facebook page said they were ‘really sorry, we put our order for good weather … but seriously, we need to put safety first.’
The said they had made the decision to cancel the event due to dangerous weather.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning with damaging winds for Dubbo, Parkes, Nyngan and Young in the Central West earlier on Monday afternoon.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Daily Liberal. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up to our free or subscriber only newsletters below: