NSW State of Origin player Jack de Belin has been granted conditional bail after he was charged with aggravated sexual assault.
The alleged incident involved a 19-year-old woman at a home unit in Wollongong in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The 27-year-old St George Illawarra Dragon forward voluntarily attended Wollongong Police Station on Thursday afternoon and was charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault in company and was granted conditional bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court on February 12.
The NRL said the integrity unit has been advised.
The St George Illawarra Dragons said in a statement the club is taking the matter "very seriously".
De Belin made his debut for NSW this year in the State of Origin and has played 153 NRL games.
It comes as NRL stars Jarryd Hayne and Dylan Walker both faced court earlier this week over separate assault charges.
Hayne, 30, has been charged with aggravated sexual assault and inflicting actual bodily harm after he allegedly had sex with a 26-year-old woman without her consent in Newcastle on September 30.
His barrister told the court on Monday Hayne intends to plead not guilty.
Meanwhile, Walker, 24, was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm - both domestic violence-related - after his partner suffered cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet in Dee Why on December 6.
Walker has pleaded not guilty.
Australian Associated Press