The School holidays are upon us for another two weeks.
If you’re in Dubbo and looking to keep the kids entertained there is plenty on. These are just some of the events happening across the city.
Bookings are required for each workshop and are $2 per session.
To register your interest please call 6801 4510.
- Wednesday, October 3 from 2:30pm to 4pm is ‘Secret Codes’ for nine to 12-year-olds.
- Thursday, October 4 from 10:30am to 12pm is ‘I Spy’ for five to eight-year-olds.
- Tuesday, October 9 from 2:30pm to 4pm is ‘Optical Illusions’ for five to eight-year-olds.
- Thursday, October 11 from 2:30pm to 4:30pm is ‘Secret Agents’ for nine to 12-year-olds.
For further details call 6882 4411.
- Kids Bingo is on October 2 and October 9. Books are available from 1:30pm with the event to commence at 2pm.
The event costs $5 which includes a bingo book, dabber and afternoon tea.
- Hula Hoop Class on October, 3, with the class to start at 1:30pm.
- Board game morning on October, 4 from 10:30am.
- Kids Halloween cupcake cooking class on October 3 and 10, starting at 10:30am.
- Kids gardening class on October, 10 starting at 1:30pm.
- Kids fitness class on October, 11 starting at 2pm for five to 12-year-olds.
To find out more contact 6881 8756.
- Tuesday, October 2, will feature Minute to Win It games from 10am to 12pm. Later that day from 2pm to 4pm is karaoke.
- Wednesday, October 3 is a Mini Master Chef class starting at 10am to 12pm and then from 2pm to 4pm will be a Ninja Warrior excursion.
- Thursday, October 4 is an Art and Craft workshop from 10am to 12pm and then from 2pm to 4pm there will be a Colour Run at Lunar Park.
- Friday, October 5 games and activities will be held from 10am to 12pm, followed by art and craft between 2pm and 4pm.
- Monday, October 8 is the Mini Master Chef class from 10am to 12pm, followed by cloud dough making between 2pm and 4pm.
- Tuesday, October 9 will be Mini movie making from 10am to 12pm and then karaoke starts at 2pm to 4pm.
- Wednesday, October 10 is the Apollo community NAIDOC Day from 11am to 2pm.
- Thursday, October 11 is games and activities at 10am to 12pm, followed by a pool excursion from 2pm to 4pm.
- Friday, October 12 games and activities will be held from 10am to 2pm, and later art and crafts from 2pm to 4pm.
The Western Plains Cultural Centre will offer free workshops. All children must be accompanied by an adult. All workshops start at 10am and will last an hour unless specified. Parents and children are asked to arrive at 9:45am and to wait at Reception. Call 6801 4444.
Tuesday 2 October, will suitabel for two to six year-olds as they design their own teddy bears using paper materials.
- Wednesday, October 3, will allow five to 12-year-olds to design their own teddy bear.
- Thursday, October 4, eight to 12-year-olds will have an hour and a half to create their very own honeycomb hexagon quilt.
- Friday, October 5, children aged eight to 12-years will design their own treasure map.
- Monday, October 8, this workshop will allow children aged six to 12, the chance to create a Calico quilt.
- Tuesday, October 9, 13-16 year-olds will become visual artists as they design a visual art piece using tiles and paper materials.
- Wednesday, October 10, children aged between 13 and 16 will get crazy with clay as they create their very own sculptures.
- Thursday, October 11, this workshop is suitable for nine to 12-year-olds, where they will explore old style techniques as they produce their own ink on parchment.
Dream Bingo Art Studio:
Spaces are limited and bookings are essential by calling 0439 372 001. More workshops could be added depending on interest and bookings. The studio will only hold 10 children each workshop, although extras may be considered depending on the session.
- Tuesday, October 2, is an acrylic painting workshop.
- Wednesday, October 3, will see children painting their own terracotta pot and plant seedlings.
- Thursday, October 4, is a workshop designed for children to create a plaster of Paris painting.
Stufflers Bear Building will be at Orana Mall (located opposite the Reject Shop) between Monday, October 1 to October 5.
On the Monday they will run the workshop from 10am to 4pm.
Then from Tuesday to Friday, they will be there from 9:30am to 4pm.
No booking is required, just come down and make a morning of it.
The first 200 per day can make a bear for $8.
After 200 have sold, the price is $12.
Contact ‘Stufflers Bear Building’ on Facebook for more details.
If there is something you think we may have missed and would like to include it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org