Dubbo fire crews attended a house fire in Carrington Avenue on Saturday morning.
Station Commander John Poulos said a toaster was placed on the stove and somehow the stove got turned on which started the fire.
“Two fire trucks plus a HAZMAT van attended the fire and when we arrived the kitchen was alight,” he said. “The fire was confined to that area because crews attended quickly and it was fully extinguished after about 30 minutes.”
Commander Poulos said people should not place anything that can burn on top of a stove in case it accidentally gets turned on.
“If you do have a fire it is important to get out of the house and close the door to the room behind you because that will contain the fire and will decrease smoke damage to the property.”