Dubbo Lotto winner yet to claim $1m prize

News at the Mall sales assistants Vanessa Duce and Toni Agnew celebrate the sale of a winning $1.43 million Lotto ticket from the newsagency. Photo: FAYE WHEELER
News at the Mall sales assistants Vanessa Duce and Toni Agnew celebrate the sale of a winning $1.43 million Lotto ticket from the newsagency. Photo: FAYE WHEELER

The winner of a seven-figure Lotto prize who bought their ticket at Dubbo is yet to claim the sum.

NSW Lotteries reported on Tuesday it had not been contacted by the new millionaire, three days after the life-changing draw.

The unregistered entry purchased at News at the Mall at Dubbo is set to net its owner $1,428,571.43.

Being unregistered, NSW Lotteries officials have no way of contacting the winner to break the life-changing news and have to wait for them to come forward to confirm the prize.

On Monday News at the Mall owner Greg Stevenson told the Daily Liberal there had been great excitement in the store since the draw.

The local win has prompted a wave of interest among Daily Liberal readers on social media.

“I love a good news story,” Marijka Brennan said on Facebook.