When Fairfax Media first reported on the upcoming COB Loaf festival our journalist Elouise Hawkey wanted to enter a cob but she wasn’t sure how she could enter a winning cob loaf considering the competition that would arrive.
Ms Hawkey flexed her creative muscles and came up with what would become a people’s choice favourite at the Wellington COB Loaf festival – the dessert cob.
Fairfax posted a photo on Facebook that quickly went viral and the page has since been flooded with requests for the recipe. So in the spirit of generosity, we have decided to share it with you all.
THE DESSERT COB LOAF
- Double choc choc chip cob loaf
- Raspberry lollies
- Caramel sauce
- Cut the inside of the loaf open and pull the insides into small pieces
- Mix Nutella, cut up marshmallows and the raspberry into the nutella and pour into the cob
- Cut up or crush a crunchie chocolate bar and sprinkle on top
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the entire cob loaf with a large spoon
- Dip and be sent to heaven