ARE you the best amateur photographer in the Dubbo, Wellington, Nyngan or Narromine regions? Then here’s your chance to prove it.
The Daily Liberal has teamed with Gold Coast Holidays to bring you the Spirit of the West photo competition.
We are on the hunt for a range of photos showcasing the Spirit of the West – whatever you think that may be.
It could be a landscape, your best mate or your furry friend. A local show image, and old building or a sunrise or sunset shot.
We live in a beautiful region with a variety of people and though our Spirit of the West competition we want to show everyone just how much we all love the region we live in.
The photo judged the best by our readers will receive four nights accommodation for up to two people at the Gold Coast’s Foreshore Apartments – donated by Gold Coast Holidays.
Entrants must live in residents and must not derive their primary income from photography. A maximum of three photos is permitted per entrant.
Entries close at 5pm on Sunday, December 17.
Get snapping – we can’t wait to see what you produce! Photographs can be shot on any kind of camera or phone. The photos must be taken in the Orana or Far West region.
Terms and conditions
- First prize is four nights accommodation for up to two people on the Gold Coast’s Foreshore Apartments, Absolute beachfront, supplied by competition sponsor Gold Coast Holidays. The prize cannot be converted to cash.
- The competition is open until Friday, December 17.
- Entries will be displayed in an album on this page.
- When entries close, a ‘best-of’ selection will be made by Daily Liberal photographic staff.
- The public will vote on their favourite from this ‘best-of’ list to win a prize.
- Voting is open for December 19 to Dec 30 week after the ‘best-of’ selection is published.
- The winner will be contacted by the phone number they supplied when entering.
- Winners will be contacted by phone.
- The prize must be used by November 1, 2018. Conditions Apply.
- Entrants must reside in the Orana or Far West regions and their main source of income can’t be derived from photography.
- By entering, contestants agree that they took the photograph supplied and that they own the copyright for that photograph. Permission is given to Fairfax Media to print the photographs in the Daily Liberal and associated Fairfax Media publications as well as in any other form, including print, online, book, calendar or exhibition.
- The photographer retains the copyright. Fairfax reserves the right to crop the photograph.
- Fairfax Media staff members are not permitted to enter.