Are you a Leader or Supervisor with experience in the delivery of heavy plant operational works including relevant site-based equipment maintenance tasks? We have multiple full time permanent positions with one of the largest rail network owners in Australia. One that is committed to building a culture where everyone feels valued and inspired to achieve.
We have opportunities with ARTC based at Narrabri, Goulburn & Wagga. As part of the Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team, you will be responsible to effectively and efficiently manage the day to day operation of heavy rail plant activities required for the annual works program. You will be working on projects at various sites around the ARTC network including NSW, QLD, VIC, SA & WA. As these are field based positions, you will be required to frequently work away from home, and work on variable shift rosters with extensive travel.
About your new role
Working with the Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team you will demonstrate a sound ability to lead and direct staff. You will be required to negotiate with network control and corridor representatives to ensure work is prioritised and delivered on time to appropriate costs and quality standards. This role will require strong communications skills, as you will have daily contact with site representatives, weekly contact with local Area Managers and report monthly to the Plant Management team on production, equipment performance and barriers to progress.
- Successfully deliver heavy plant operational works including equipment maintenance tasks
- Ensure the works are co-coordinated with maintenance and operational departments
- Ensure that a risk management approach is applied to the technical, safety, commercial and delivery aspects of all works programs
- Ensure the timely completion of all required documentation to meet project, maintenance and operational needs
- Provide clear operational direction and support to other personnel as required
- Promote a safety culture within the team to conform with current WH&S and relevant Rail Safety legislation
We have multiple opportunities available and are looking for experienced industry Leaders and Supervisors who are reliable, and enjoy providing high-quality work. You will demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ensure all work is conducted according to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated industry experience managing operational teams
- Demonstrated experience working with equipment in a high production environment
- Proven experience and qualifications in rail track maintenance/inspection
- Knowledge or an awareness of WH&S principles and relevant rail safety legislation
- Demonstrated cost, budget and time management abilities
- Proven ability to manage staff safely in a live rail environment
- Excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills
What we offer
At ARTC, we are part of a proud and passionate industry with a rich history and a bright future. That’s why we foster a strong learning culture to support our people to reach their full potential and prepare them to grow into their next challenge with us. We offer a diverse, flexible, and supportive work environment that prioritises your safety and wellbeing.
At ARTC, you will become connected to a world of opportunity and talented people ready to collaborate and support you in your career, there are many benefits including:
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Competitive hourly rates with yearly increases
- Fully paid on the job training
- OT opportunities, LAHA, penalties and allowances
- Uniform including PPE and tools of trade
- Career growth support and access to other internal opportunities
- Other employee benefits such as salary packaging options, discount gym memberships, and extra leave options
If you are ready to apply for the role as a Work Group Leader with our Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team, please apply online.
Have a question before applying? Please contact Dean Walker at email@example.com
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks such as a National Criminal History and medical fitness check relative to the position.
ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.