Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Early Childhood Teacher
Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Wagga Wagga Station. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS).
About our Centre
* Goodstart Wheelers Lane is a 76 place centre is located in a residential area, close to schools, shops and main roads making the daily drop-off and pick-up more convenient
* Friendly and supportive team
* Bus stop very close by to the centre
* Full time permanent role available with RDO on offer
* On site parking
* Opening hours are 6:30am-6:30pm for this centre
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
* This position is based in the Junior Pre School with 21 children
* Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
* Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
* Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
* Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
* Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
* Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
* Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
* Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
* Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
* Hold a current First Aid qualification
* Hold a valid WWCC
* Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
* Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
* Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
* Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
* Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
* Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
* 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
* Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
* Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
* Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
If you would like to know more about this position or any other Teacher position at Goodstart, please contact Jenna Fennell on Jfennell@goodstart.org.au
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please contact Recruiter – Katya Reshetnikova firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/40223166