Your new opportunity at Nine.
This Tableau Specialist sits within the Group Audience Insights team, a group of 7 insights professionals with a diverse remit to conduct quantitative and qualitative research studies across the Nine Group.
Our focus is on delivering a world-class audience insights capability to generate actionable insights with which to drive successful marketing, product and content development across the full publishing, broadcast, client growth and product portfolio. The team aims to equip stakeholders with audience insight to underpin evidence-based decision making and go-to market strategies.
The main stakeholders for Audience Growth insights are our Digital Product, Editorial/Programming and Marketing / Subs & Growth teams; and for Client Growth insights being Trade Marketing, Powered (Strategy) and Sales.
Our team offers:
- Variety of work (anything from dashboard maintenance to new builds)
- Working across different Nine brands, stakeholders and teams (product, marketing, trade marketing, data & tech)
- Exposure to the next generation of research practice – working with primary research blended with internal datasets to deliver business value
- Access to Nine’s sophisticated / advanced data capabilities and internal skillsets
- For the motivated individual, opportunity to learn and grow and take your career to the next level
- Flexibility and autonomy
Day to day you will:
- Extract and merge data for monthly and / or quarterly dashboard updates
- Code unstructured data
- Ensure data quality and governance throughout data process
- Articulate data issues and report solutions clearly
- Implement a long-term unstructured data solution
- Where applicable, utilise hypothesis testing, statistical significance and regression analysis in your analysis for deeper insight
- Use Q, SPSS, R or Python for data exploration
- Use your ability to think both analytically and strategically to address business problems and goals
- Design, develop and build interactive dashboards and infographics to communicate key insights
- Create visually appealing charts that accurately portray the data
- Demonstrate a deep passion for data visualisation
- Clear and compelling articulation of key insights
- Develop great working relationships with team members, key stakeholders and suppliers (where applicable)
- Build relationship and influence, and work in partnership with data engineers and data product leads to evolve our data capability and optimise workflows
- Effective communication across relevant stakeholders about dashboarding projects
- Effective communication across the Audience Insights team that contributes to successful projects and aligns with our team values
- Deliver tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with relevant queries and requests from internal stakeholders in an efficient and effective way
- May from time to time assist with other data tasks for the department such as extracting data from Qualtrics, setting up basic excel data tables, cleaning data etc.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline e.g. psychology, marketing, economics, business, sociology
- Minimum 2 years data visualisation design experience including dashboards or front-end visualisations
- Strong numeracy skills, analytical thinking and proven excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate experience with Tableau
- Intermediate SQL skills (familiar with joins, nested queries and CTEs)
- Experience with data exploration using statistics software such as Q, SPSS, R or Python
- Familiar with the concept of hypothesis testing, statistical testing and regression analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver multiple dashboard projects to timing deadlines with 100% accuracy
- Passionate about data and quality governance
- Strong excel skills (familiar with Power Query and Macros)
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills, project and time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to team work and supporting a number of stakeholders and team members
- High academic achiever and quick to learn
- Passionate about audience behaviour and the generation of insight to deliver business value
Life at Nine.
Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment. We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want – across Publishing, Broadcasting and Digital.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. You’ll also receive:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
I'm interestedI'm interested