Are you a Plant Operator with experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of heavy plant equipment? We have a full time permanent position with one of the largest rail network owners in Australia. One that is committed to building a culture where everyone feels valued and inspired to achieve.
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Plant Operator with ARTC based at Dubbo. As part of the Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team, you will be working on projects at various sites around the ARTC network including NSW, QLD, VIC, SA & WA. As these are field based positions, you will be required to frequently work away from home, and work on variable shift rosters with extensive travel.
About your new role
Working within the Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team you will undertake core operation and supporting maintenance activities of heavy plant assets. This role will require a high level of customer service as you will be responsible to liaise and negotiate with possession coordinators, plant coordinators, administration officers and supervisors to ensure the safety and reliability of the operating plant within ARTC’s defined rail network.
- Operate heavy plant equipment as directed, maintaining full operational control at all times
- Proactively inspect and report on equipment functionality, safety and serviceability
- Undertake repairs and maintenance activities in line with maintenance staff directions
- Undertake track maintenance activities to applicable safety and quality standards
- Operate machines effectively to achieve operational targets
- Participate in projects and undertake other duties as requested
We have multiple opportunities available and are looking for experienced Plant Operators who are reliable and enjoy providing high-quality work. You will have a strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ensure all work is conducted according to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Operational experience with high value plant & equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self motivated with a commitment to Safety and Quality Assurance
- Rail industry experience preferred but not essential
What we offer
At ARTC, we are part of a proud and passionate industry with a rich history and a bright future. That’s why we foster a strong learning culture to support our people to reach their full potential and prepare them to grow into their next challenge with us. We offer a diverse, flexible, and supportive work environment that prioritises your safety and wellbeing.
At ARTC, you will become connected to a world of opportunity and talented people ready to collaborate and support you in your career, there are many benefits including:
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Competitive hourly rates with yearly increases
- Fully paid on the job training
- OT opportunities, LAHA, penalties and allowances
- Uniform including PPE
- Career growth support and access to other internal opportunities
- Other employee benefits such as salary packaging options, discount gym memberships, and extra leave options
If you are ready to apply for the role as Plant Operator with our Heavy Plant Operations and National Plant Team, please apply online.
Have a question before applying? Please contact Dean Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks such as a National Criminal History and medical fitness check relative to the position.
ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.