Your new company
This State Government Entity respond to fires, complex rescues, road crashes, emergency medical calls and hazardous chemical spills.
Your new role
As the new Media & Stakeholder Relations advisor you will:
- Seek relevant information and coordinate the approval of updates and responses within timeframes and requirements
- Provide and support the preparation of advice on a range of policy, framework, programs, research projects, and communications collateral.
- Ensure that all outgoing information maintains integrity and is in line with the organisations messaging and operating environment.
- Coordinate and interpret specialist and technical information, seek necessary approvals and respond to all queries in a timely manner, using clear and concise communication.
- Support the External Communications Manager and Director Media and Communications to ensure all information and enquiries are managed in a confidential and sensitive manner to ensure effective communication flow and to maintain the organisation's reputation.
- Establish and maintain a register of information requests and responses to support future development and positioning
- Ensure multi-agency responses are aligned and consistent information is provided to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and assist with the development and delivery of presentations, talking points, and speech notes for internal and external use. Organise event logistics, event briefing packs, and communications collateral for events where FRV hosts the Minister or other Parliamentary representatives and dignitaries.
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant tertiary qualification or extensive work experience in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum three years stakeholder management experience in a high-profile, fast-paced and issues-rich role.
- Demonstrated experience in managing ministerial and parliamentary products and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and ensuring the quality of documents against defined templates, policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of government processes, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in ministerial and/or parliamentary liaison work, particularly in the Victorian Gov
- Capable of working with senior executives to support the delivery of concise, high-quality material.
- Exceptional time management skills, managing multiple and competing priorities.
- High competency in Microsoft Office Suite including Power Point.
What you'll get in return
An exciting opportunity to work within a fast pace State Government Entity within an established team, in return for an attractive salary package and permanent opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2624903