Your new company
Australian Longline own and operate two Australian flagged longline vessels which operate in the Heard and McDonald Island, Macquarie Island and Antarctic waters to fish for Patagonian and Antarctic Toothfish.
Your new role
Based in Hobart, Tasmania, you will be responsible for the overall co-ordination of repairs and maintenance, survey, dry docking and ongoing maintenance management, which will include:
- Development of maintenance plans and budgets
- Liaise with authorities and government departments to ensure vessel compliance and statutory requirements
- Work with Ships Engineers and Management to implement timely and effective planning and co-ordination of vessel maintenance and repairs
- Collaborate on cost reduction initiatives and opportunities for innovation to improve business outcomes
- Oversee procurement of engineering parts required to undertake repairs and maintenance
- Compile reports, implement processes, procedures, work instructions and scopes of work to support the vessel operations, repairs and maintenance
- Ensure compliance with work, health and safety legislation
- Active involvement with safety management systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be entitled to work in Australia by holding a valid Australian or New Zealand passport, or hold permanent residency
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Substantial experience in the maintenance of vessels
- Experience with commercial fishing vessel operations
- Understanding of Class and AMSA rules and requirements
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, refrigeration and propulsion disciplines
- Current driver’s licence
- Hold or capable of holding a valid Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
Desirable qualities include:
- Certificate of Competency equivalent to a New Zealand Marine Engineer Class 4, or higher
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of marine safety management systems
- Experience in a commercial shipyard or ship engineering management environment
- Experience in dealing with multiple suppliers and subcontractors
- Certificate in project management
- Work, health and safety qualifications.
What you'll get in return
A salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant dependent on skills, qualifications and experience. You may also have the opportunity to partake in a trip on board one of their vessels and relocation costs to Hobart for non-local applicants will be negotiated.
What you need to do now
Applications will only be accepted online through Hays Recruitment. It is important that you do not apply to Australian Longline direct.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information regarding this role or for a private discussion regarding similar roles please contact Sharon Brewer on 03 6108 5502.
LHS 297508 #2645469