Kitchen Hand | Lara
About Your New Role:
As our new Kitchen Hand, it is your role to support our Childcare Chef with planning and preparing nutritionally balanced and delicious meals inline with our Wholesome Child menu that consists of all meals and snacks.
Working set hours across Monday to Friday, you will prepare menus designed by paediatric nutritionist, Mandy Sacher, accommodating to the dietary requirements and allergies for all children at the centre.
You will be creative and adventurous in the kitchen with a strong passion for nutrition, sustainability and incorporating your kitchen into the rooms. You will work as part of the centre team, building strong relationships with educators, children, and families.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Following and displaying the Wholesome Child menu
- Ensuring that food provisions are purchased in accordance with the menu and budget requirements.
- Ensuring that the presentation of meals is appetising and appealing to all children
- Carrying out health, hygiene, and safety procedures according to Child Care Regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Legislations, Duty of Care and the Centre policy and procedure documents.
- Consulting families regarding the nutritional requirements for their children.
- Work as an effective team member and within your defined position description
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- Current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to providing healthy, nutritious meals for children of all ages
- Current Asthma, Anaphylaxis and First Aid Certificates
- Own your Space - Take pride in your brand new and fully equipped kitchen!
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day – Giving you something that gives back.
- Financial Benefits - Gain access to generous childcare discounts, referral programmes up to $250 and more!
Journey Early Learning Lara, formerly known as Kids on Rennie is a homely and welcoming early learning centre that caters for 152 children between the ages of six months and six years. Our play spaces were designed to provide children with opportunities to interact with their friends to conquer milestones with confidence.
At Lara, our team is built on the foundations of connection, communication and consideration with an inspiring and knowledgeable Centre Manager who focuses on offering continuous support and opportunities to each member of the team.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.