Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with federal government agency to recruit an Internal Auditor in a temporary capacity.
Your new role
This role provides the business with an objective and professional evaluation of the internal control systems, with recommendations made to improve the internal control environment, business processes and the economical use of the company’s resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) including work programs for assessments and process flowcharts to support key processes, associated risks and controls in respect to the assurance engagements in line with Internal Audit (IA) methodology.
- Undertaking assurance assessment (testing) activities by interviewing, collecting and examining evidence against agreed engagement criteria in line with IA methodology.
- Documenting evidential observations, linking to assessment objectives, and assisting with wording of audit findings/issues to improve governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal audit reporting which outlines findings/issues, observations.
- Conducting follow up activities to evaluate sufficiency of evidence for closing issues in line with IA methodology.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in the Commerce/Business field, ideally majoring in Accounting/Finance.
- Reasonable audit experience in a similar role.
- Professional certification as a Charted Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant will be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of management.
- The ability to lead and coach teams is essential as you lead audits throughout the organisation.
- A pro-active work approach, effectively prioritises, with sound decision-making and works to tight deadlines.
- An analytical mindset, is a creative problem solver and has great attention to detail with proven ability to deliver credible advice to all levels of the organisation.
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen OR a Permanent Resident living in Australia.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive hourly rate of $60 plus super, full time hours and a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2615735