Start your Retail Management Career with ALDI. Bring your management potential and we’ll teach you the rest.
As an ALDI Store Duty Manager, you need to be able to juggle multiple things at once, motivate others and keep calm under pressure. You'll be hands on in your approach and enjoy physical work.
Previous management or supervisory experience in a fast paced environment is a plus, but not essential. Embark on our comprehensive 8-month management-training program where you will learn safety, compliance, merchandising, customer service, administration, stock ordering, inventory management, rostering and people management. Everything you need to be a key member of the team managing a multi-million dollar business.
Our high performing Duty Managers form a part of our pipeline of future leaders and high performers may be selected to progress to Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager roles in the future.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $47,600 - $55,500* + penalties
- Rotating roster including weekends and early mornings
- Comprehensive management training across 8 months
- Varying contract sizes of an average of 60 - 70 hours per fortnight available
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Career opportunities to progress to Store Manager in our growing store network for the right candidate
- High levels of self-direction and responsibility
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Learning every aspect of running a store
- Serving customers and taking payments
- Assisting store management in driving sales and achieving targets
- Help develop, guide and motivate a capable team of store staff of the highest quality and standard
- Minimise costs by tightly controlling inventory losses, quality of contractor’s work, minimising staff turnover and maximising productivity
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.
*Including superannuation. Figure is calculated based on $27.74 per hour (18 years and over) Salary will vary based on shifts worked and contracted hours.