Lead corporate communications across WA, NT and QLD for a peak organisation representing the resources sector.
Your new role
Reporting to the Director Public Affairs, you will be responsible for corporate, member and internal communications, developing the annual strategy and plan across BAU and project initiatives. Additionally, as Corporate Communications Manager you will provide communications support to all parts of the business including the Chief Executive, the broader Executive team.
You will be
- Developing the annual corporate communications plan
- Managing major campaign projects
- Managing advocacy campaigns in conjunction with external agencies
- Planning and implementing State based communications initiatives, in conjunction with State Directors
- Drafting corporate communications including speeches, presentations, publications and other content
- Working with the Media Manager to support dissemination of corporate communications materials through mainstream, trade and financial media
- Working with Public Affairs team members and the Events team to plan and execute PR, advocacy and corporate communications activities for events and conferences
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years’ experience in a corporate communications role (internal or external)
- Well-developed copywriting skills for a variety of applications (including digital, media, speeches etc.)
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- High-level organisation skills including well-developed priority-setting skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in brand management - developing collateral and materials, including managing graphic design
- Strong understanding and experience in maintaining ‘brand consistency’ across all media forms
- Experience in planning and managing multiple streams of communications.
- Experience in managing external suppliers.
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, political science or communications (desirable)
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a peak national body within the resources sector who strong emphasis on Corporate Communications, Campaigning and Advocacy. The package includes a base salary of $135,000 - $145,000 + superannuation and full employee benefits.
LHS 297508 #2612002