Your new company
We are currently supporting a leading community services organisation as they deliver support services to the Western Australian community. This organisation has multiple established services that specifically supports those with chronic alcohol and drug issues, homelessness and mental health concerns.
Your new role
As the AOD Case Manager you will be responsible for supporting young people and their families experiencing challenges as a result of alcohol and other drug use.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Responding to referrals and complete initial intake assessments
- Outreach case coordination
- Work to create recovery plans
- Provide ongoing counselling and case management
- Develop strong working relationships with consumers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with related service providers and government agencies
- Maintain case management files for all consumers
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will be an experienced healthcare professional with an extensive knowledge base in supporting those in regional and remote areas. Key requirements include:
- Degree or diploma in social welfare, youth work, psychology or relevant human services
- Proven experience within homelessness, disadvantaged young people and AOD
- Current C class driver's license
- First aid certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong rapport building with external agencies and remote communities
What you'll get in return
This opportunity is a fixed term contract based in Perth CBD. Paid under the SCHADS award you will be on an attractive pay rate and receive not for profit salary packaging benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2590289